Monday, December 26, 2011

Okay, I admit it

This is something that will probably get me in trouble for admitting, so don't spread it around too much: I'm getting tired of designing anything Tuscan. Really tired of it. However, the rest of San Diego doesn't seem to be, so instead of swearing off Tuscan entirely, I'm just going to try that much harder to make the Tuscan designs that much more interesting. I'm going to think of it as a design challenge to make your Tuscan home so much more unique, lovely, and inspired than the others.

Because, there really are a lot of gorgeous materials out there, materials that work so well with a Mediterranean style, that are timeless and not the slightest bit trite (unlike dated looking fake stone and tumbled concrete pavers) and this stone is one of those materials. The two pictures here are gorgeous cream limestone from the guys at Salado Quarry. I love it! Don't you think it adds a whole new level of refinement? Can't you practically hear the cicadas chirping on some windswept hill in Tuscany when you look at it? (No, really that's just me?) You can get this beautiful stone through the helpful folks at Thompsons Building Materials in Lemon Grove. I think they have the best and most varied selection of veneer stone in the city, so drop in some time and check out their display areas, or just check out their great website.

 © Kate Wiseman 2010. Want your own waterwise landscape design? Please visit www.sageoutdoordesigns.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment